In March 2017, the NCHA Board of Trustees approved a two-year Quality Goal to reduce pneumonia (PNE) mortality and readmission rates to put North Carolina at and below the national average. Specifically, the goal is to:
- Reduce the PNE mortality rate by 7.5% to the national average over 2 years
- Reduce PNE readmissions by 5.4% over 2 years to to the national top quartile
The Board’s approval of this goal signifies an organizational commitment to guide this work and a call to NCHA’s 130 member hospitals and health systems statewide to actively participate.
Participating hospitals and health systems will be asked to identify one to two opportunities to improve based on their internal performance on the identified measures. Community partners and post-acute care providers will be invited to participate with hospitals and health systems. Each organization will commit to lead its improvement efforts.
NCHA Quality Center staff, with guidance from an Advisory Council, will provide participating teams with technical support, education and best practice learning/sharing. NCHA will provide data to member organizations to support this work and will coordinate a public education campaign, including media and collateral materials.
- Participate as an NCHA member organization in the Pneumonia Knockout Campaign
- Participate as part of an in-depth learning collaborative
- Participate in regional cross continuum education
- Collaborate to improve quality of care and reduce cost
There are no Upcoming Events for this Initiative
Vice President of Quality
Pneumonia Program Team