The Pneumonia Knockout Campaign is now underway. Has your organization signed the Pneumonia Knockout Pledge? So far, 45 percent of hospitals and healthcare systems in North Carolina have signed the pledge to reduce the state’s pneumonia (PNE) mortality rate by 7.5 percent to the national average of 16.3 percent over 2 years and to reduce the state pneumonia readmissions rate by 5.4 percent over 2 years to target the top 25 percent quartile of the nation. We need your help to reach this goal and reduce harm to North Carolinians in every corner of the state. Take the Pneumonia Knockout Pledge Here
Hospitals/Health Systems are pledging to:
- Work to reduce their hospital’s PNE mortality rate and support the statewide goal of a 7.5 percent reduction to move toward the national average over the next 2 years;
- Work to reduce their hospital’s PNE readmission rate and support the statewide goal of a 5.4 percent reduction over 2 years to the national top quartile;
- Commit to review internal performance on the above two pneumonia measures;
- Identify 2-3 casual factors and opportunities to improve;
- Support nursing homes, home health agencies, ACO and physician practices to partner in this work – this is a community issue!